Friday, August 6, 2010

Thing 3

My story board is based upon helping third grade students to research, read, make notes, and how to write a brief research report/paper on a great scientist. The story board is a step by step approach to help students with their first research report/paper with content and substance.

I used a story board via paper. Then I outlined the steps for students to follow. Then I formulated a power point presentation to guide my project. What will work best for my students is to have the power point presentation to guide them through each step.

Story boards will be utilized to introduce and bridge this project, CCP(a method of teaching students to write), and the skill to be able to write a research report/paper that is interesting and effective. The benefit will be to extend the writing process and to make researching fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment