Monday, August 9, 2010

Final Post

1. This project brought so many things to mind. For one, the brainstorming was easy, but formulating the steps and explanations were more than difficult. This is true with teaching any skill to students. I had to narrow my thoughts and produce something third graders could handle.

2. The experiences that I have had with this project really opened my eyes! I have gained some confidence in working with technology. I will certainly continue to refine my skills.

3. My students will be able to research a great scientist and turn in a very good paper. This will definitely omit all those cutting and pasting of pictures that students use to turn in. This project is a step in the right direction to the area of researching and writing a report/project.

4. As a teacher, the 23 things and courses leading to this project actually made it fun for me. I was able to use technology without fear. I know that the fear factor is the major reason why many educators do not use technology or integrate technology with their regular teaching(DDI).

1 comment:

  1. Although I now teach 5th grade science, I taught 3rd grade for many years. I'm sure they will enjoy your video to introduce their scientist project. I loved the piano music! Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete