Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thing 2

First of all, I went to My Delicious and found several websites. The one I liked was ziplink.net for Great Scientists. I used the Critical Evaluation of a Web Site by Kathleen Schrock, and I really was impressed by the different items to check. This checklist measured up very well because it gave me components to evaluate as an elementary teacher. I also used Website Checklist and it was very well structured and easy to use. Both seemed equally well constructed tools to use when evaluating websites.

As a third grade elementary teacher, I will certainly have to teach the basic components of finding a well represented website and allowing students to research and evaluate for themselves before assigning any type of internet use.

No comments:

Post a Comment